1. you English must be very good. Not necessarily without accent, but almost.
If you still have a strong accent, you will have to work on accent reduction while
you are in the states.
2. You will need your parents to be involved as you will need to have someone
to stay with in the States while you are studying.
3. You should do a lot of research first. Find out about what it means to be an
actress…really, especially at the beginning. It’s tough Manuela. Not impossible,
but very tough. http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/acting_careers.html
4. Figure out what kind of actress you want to be:
5. Study the industry and gather as much information as you can so you understand
the arena in which you will be playing.
6. Read. Read. Read! I wouldn’t advise you to start with my book. Start with
two other books first and then read mine. Those two are:
Sanford Meisner on Acting
Acting As A Business: Strategies For Success
7. Sign up for the rss feed for my blog on ActingCareerStartUp.com, so that you receive
updates every week when I put up a new page.
8. Here is a complete guide for how to plan your trip to New York to study and/or
work as an actress.